DATE: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
TIME: 1pm CST – 3:30pm CST
Virtual Matchmaking Sessions
The MEP is helping connect subcontractors with large prime companies and government agencies for virtual matchmaking sessions.
In order to be eligible to participate in virtual matchmaking sessions, please register for matchmaking via the red button on this page.
Once you have created a matchmaking profile, you will be notified of your matchmaking sessions no later than Monday, April 12.
Please note matchmaking sessions are not guaranteed – matches will be facilitated based upon company information you provide in your matchmaking profile and the needs of participating primes and government buyers.
All virtual matchmaking sessions will take place via Microsoft Teams in a web browser. The Microsoft Teams app is not required.
Already a govmates member? No problem – shoot us a note so we can use your existing profile for matchmaking at this event.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchmaking & Networking Agenda
1pm CST – 3:30pm CST
15 minute increments via Microsoft Meetings
Microsoft Teams link will be shared via email with all registrants
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Minimum bandwidth – for the best virtual meeting experience, we recommend having access to internet speed of at least 1.2 mbps.
- Eliminate all distractions – no driving, multi-tasking (yes, close your email and other browser windows) and other noises in the background.
- Use headphones – audio tends to be clearer when using ear phones plugged into your device.
- Lighting – more light is better. Having light nearby can help the other video participant to see you more clearly.
- Get dressed – do we really have to say this? Pants aren’t optional.
- No eating during the meeting – again, do we have to say this? We can all afford to live off our quarantine-15 weight to stave off hunger for our short virtual sessions.
- Be prepared – just because it’s virtual doesn’t mean you don’t have to prepare. Know your audience, prepare your elevator pitch, and take notes.